Almost Done!
So I'm back to living under a rock. I do not own an iPod--or any kind of portable device for music, etc. My van that recently died had an audio tape player. I really moved up when I started driving my husband's car--it has a CD player AND a little hook up where he can plug in his iPod or MP3 player. I don't even have a portable CD or audio tape player. Well, I have a boombox.
If I want to listen to music while I'm working on my computer at home, then I just bring up iTunes and play one of my playlists. Like "Chickenhead Songs". You know, those songs that have such a good beat you sit there and start moving your head like a chicken scratching for food. Think "Pink Cadillac" by Springsteen, "Back in Black" by AC/DC. See? Chickenhead.
I have discovered that trying to listen to a book while driving is waaaay to distracting for me. It's better for my fellow drivers if I just have music in the background. And the classical-type stuff on MOLDI will just lull me to sleep.
But I love the idea of MOLDI for other people! Embrace it! It's a fun way to get new digital media. I have helped a number of people over the phone at InfoLine & AV to negotiate the MOLDI website. I have shown a few people in person the cool download station we have in AV. And I try to point it out as an alternative when people are looking at our audio book collection.
MOLDI itself is okay. I get the whole copyright issues, etc. But it would be nice if the music selection had something a little more modern. I read someone else's post and they used the word "eclectic". That fits MOLDI to a T. It's rather eclectic in its collection. It would be nice if the collection were broader and had more popular appeal.
I liked the tutorial on the MOLDI site. I will take some time going through every section to make sure I have a clearer understanding of MOLDI. One of my co-workers suggested browsing through the Help section periodically to see what has been updated. This will help us keep current so we can help the customers better.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Thing 22: MOLDI
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chickenhead Songs - Classic!
I think eclectic is probably generous, but I guess that all depends what you're into.
Post a Comment