Tuesday, November 18, 2008

COSI's Lost Egypt Exhibit

No this isn't a Thing. But I really have to say something about this incredibly cool exhibit. Now if you live in Central Ohio and have been to COSI you are probably saying, "COSI doesn't have a Lost Egypt exhibit! She must mean that one called Adventure where you try to solve a puzzle and it sings that stupid song at the end." (sorry COSI)

Well, I do NOT mean that exhibit. I'm talking about this cool new traveling exhibit that COSI is in the process of building. Lost Egypt will open this coming summer. Now maybe I'm a little biased because by bestest friend is the project leader for making this happen. Plus I have heard fun stories all about what they are doing to create the exhibit. Did they just do a little research and throw something together? Noooo. They went to EGYPT to meet with these ginormous experts in Egyptology (or whatever it's called). People like Mark Lehner who is one of the biggest names in Egyptology (yeah, that is what it's called).

They will have a life-sized model of a camel. Kids will be able to climb on the camel and pretend that they are right there in Egypt ready to find their own pyramid. Maybe it will inspire one of them to become the next great Egypologist who discovers a way to locate all the lost Egypt sites.

I have been reading COSI's blog all about the creation of the Lost Egypt exhibit. Check it out!

This exhibit can't open fast enough for me! Way to hit one out of the ballpark COSI!!

1 comment:

Jim Brochowski said...

Have to give props to any blog that uses bestest and ginormous. Great words.

I think a lot of what COSI does is very cool. My issue always comes down to how much they charge for stuff.

Still I get the enthusiasm. Very cool!