Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thing 7: Blog about a Tech Thing

So what has interested me technology-wise this week? Hmmmm....

Steve here in AV is a wonderful resource for keyboard shortcuts. Let's see if I can remember any of them to share here with whomever is bored enough to read this.

Doing your Basic Source training and you need to show what search you used on DP? Highlight the text on DP that you want to copy. Right click. (Don't worry if it looks like it didn't do anything, it did!) Go to your Word document and left click where you want to insert the test from DP. Then hit Ctrl+V. Presto! There's your text from DP!

That one little tip allowed me to finish my Basic Source post-test I was working on in record time.

There were some other cool shortcuts Steve showed me, but they are gone from my brain cells now. :-( So sad. I will have to pester him to show me more!

So thanks Steve for making my life easier!

No comments: