Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thing 10: Image & Other Generators

I partied with image generators. And some other generators. Like that fun one that ChuckatMain suggested where you create a blog post with pre-selected prompts. This was perfect for that new blogger in me. It also seemed to bring out my ornery side. What's not to love about:

"Crikey! I just got slapped with a wet salmon - really - I have not updated this since they let me out!... You would not believe that my hands were chopped off and I was waiting for bionic ones. Please don't abandon me!.

I am totally exhausted with setting fire to people wearing Crocs, being distracted by the shiny, just generally being a pain to anyone unfortunate to cross my path, my day is a nightmare I would like to wake up from 4am to 11pm at which point I fall asleep on the couch. I am avoiding recapture. it will be fun fun fun till they take my TBird away.

I will try to remember I promised you I will make more of an effort to blog more often until the nice men in the white coats come back. You wanna test me? What do you mean you don't believe me?."

If I had more personal pics on my work computer, I could have really gotten lost in playing here. This activity could have really sucked up my time like there's no tomorrow. I am constantly amazed by the different programs out there and what they let me do. I am feeling much more comfortable with be-bopping through some of this technology. I don't feel as intimidated. And I guess that's what Learn & Play is all about!

As for how to use this with the library... People love doing these things. The CML kids and teens websites both have areas where customers can play. Why not have a section of our main website where customers can play? Haven't we shown that playing supports learning with Learn & Play? What an excellent way to put our money, er website, where our mouth is!

Now let's see if I can post some of those pics I created.... And thanks to Mr. Rex Savage for the original sunflower picture!



1 comment:

Jim Brochowski said...

"be-bopping through some of this technology"

Love it!

Dweeb, that is just really cool.

Made my day.

Thanks!